And we’re back.
Once more I’d just like to say thank you to you guys (yes, all of you – except for that one guy. You know who you are.) for being so patient with the many, many roadblocks and speed bumps that’ve come up on the production roadway this year. Cheesy metaphors aside, I tend to try not to whine too much about my personal life on here. But I also know it’s annoying to be left in the dark with no idea what’s going on. Thusly I present in as few words as possible what’s been going on for me lately:
- Two dogs I’ve known for about a decade, since I was a kid, died within a few months of each other. One of them was my best and only friend through a lot of the dark spots in my teenagehood. She got me through the worst time of my life and losing her freaking sucked.
- Really quite recently, the poor decisions of a family member sent another family member to the hospital. Things were bad for a brief period but everybody’s alright now.
- My stress, anxiety, and depression have been kicking. My. Ass. All year long. Goodness knows that’s not an excuse, it’s just what’s been happening. It’s better now and I’ll be doing whatever I can to keep it that way.
So there you go. In closing, and since these bullet points just look so darn nifty, I’d like to thank some people.
- My family. Damn if things weren’t extra rough for whatever reasons this year, but hey, we’re still alive. And more than that, even though I wouldn’t have picked that particular method of finding out, I have a way better idea now of what you all have always done for me. That means everything to me. I’m sorry I can’t tell you that properly in person, but I think we’ve figured out by now that expressing myself in conversation is not one of my strong points.
- Paramedics everywhere, but especially the ones who came to my house around midnight and did their damn jobs. Your professionalism kept me from totally freaking out.
- And finally you people, you lovely people who keep coming back here week after week even with every delay and surprise filler and unfinished page. It means a lot to me knowing that somebody out there’s paying attention to my goofy little practice comic. Also: The tvtropes page made my frigging year.
You people are all brilliant. Don’t let anybody tell you different.
Here’s to a better year.